The 5 Best Women’s Golf Irons 2023
Golfing is a common outdoor activity for both men and women. Generally, women golfers are left uncategorized, making it hard for them to choose their ideal golf irons. In addition, it affects their gaming skills, mainly resulting in poor performances.
The golfing skills will differ across various golfers. However, they are also significantly impacted by the type of golf iron used to play.
Some of the best golf irons employ an ECHO damping system to produce soft feels and absorb unwanted vibrations. For instance, the TaylorMade SiM 2 Max Iron Set uses this system to make a forged iron feel.
In this article, we will only discuss the best women’s golf irons that will significantly assist the ladies in improving their golfing skills. In addition, the article includes a buying guide that consists of the various considerations to make when purchasing the golf iron.
Our Recommendation of the Best Golf Irons For women
- TaylorMade SiM 2 Max Iron Set – Best Overall
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 Iron – Runner Up 1
- Cobra Golf 2021 Women’s T-Rail 2.0 Combo Iron Set – Runner Up 2
- Cobra Golf F9 Women’s Speedback Hybrid – Best Hybrid Golf Irons
- STRATA Women’s Golf Packaged Sets – Best Value Golf Irons Set
The Best Women’s Golf Irons Review
In each section of the mini-review below, we summarized some of the best features and how they can benefit you as enthusiast golfers.
1. TaylorMade SiM 2 Max Iron Set – Best Overall
This Titanium made golf iron has a golf club loft of 21.5 degrees and a weight of 6.8lbs. It is designed for ladies with a right-hand orientation. The golf iron has a steel color, with the shaft made of graphite.
Its Cap Back Design is designed with strong stainless steel and lightweight polymers to lower the center of gravity, thus increasing both distance and feel. The iron also equips the golfers with more performance by using a faster and more forgiving face.
Its heads are designed with strong lofts, progressive face height, and wider sole for easy launching and more distance.
This golf iron manufacturer employs the New ECHO Damping System, which uses soft polymer blends and multiple contact points to create a forged iron feel by removing unwanted vibrations.
The faces are specially designed to minimize side spins and increase the sweet spot, thus ensuring that the ball flies in a straight direction.
- It greatly improves the game performance by offering a better feel, forgiveness, and distance
- It enhances high speed and consistent directions in the golfing balls
- Its low center of gravity ensures that the ball flies long distances
- It is designed to absorb the unwanted vibrations to improve the feel and maximize the face flexibility
- It is only designed for the ladies
- It only has a right-hand orientation
2. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Iron – Runner Up 1
The Callaway Big Bertha B21 Iron is a 5.6lbs golf iron. It is silver in color and has a regular golf club flex. Its loft is 25 degrees with a right-hand orientation. The golf iron is entirely made of graphite.
It is the first Big Bertha Iron created by Flash Face Cup (A.I. design), a technology most clubs use to promote high-speedballs and increased spin robustness. This golf iron is designed to enhance your confidence over the ball. It has a straightforward launch, low spin, and straight shots.
In addition, tungsten is used to increase the weight of the iron while lowering the center of gravity too. The golf iron is also made of patented urethane microspheres that comprehensively absorb unwanted vibration to provide exceptional feels and maintain fast speeds in the golf ball.
- Fastball speeds are enhanced by the Flash Face Cub A.I. technology and 360 Face Cup.
- Its shaping provides an improved turf interaction.
- Its tungsten weight adding material makes it easier to launch the ball
- Its Urethane microspheres enhance a good feeling
- It is quite expensive
- It is only oriented for the right hand
3. Cobra Golf 2021 Women’s T-Rail 2.0 Combo Iron Set – Runner Up 2
This 6lbs golf iron is made of stainless steel material, but the shaft is made of graphite. It has a black-lilac color and a golf club loft of 56 degrees. The iron is specifically designed for ladies with a right-hand orientation.
The golf iron has a hollow structure that assists in delivering an effortless launch while increasing the distance. In addition, the design maintains a great turf interaction while providing a high launch and speed.
Its face is forged in strong steel with a variable E9 Technology thickness to cater to all distances, including the off-center hits. Its high launch and forgiveness make the long approach shots easy and consistent.
- Its hollow design enhances an effortless launch and distance
- It employs the Baffler Rail design to increase speed and maintain an excellent turf interaction
- The golf iron is designed to maximize the distance of the off-center hit
- Not ideal for the left-handed
- Not ideal for the people who find it challenging to hold and swing 6lbs
4. Cobra Golf F9 Women’s Speedback Hybrid – Best Hybrid Golf Irons
The golf iron is designed for ladies with a right-hand orientation. It has a golf club loft of 22 degrees and is graphite. This iron is available in black and rose gold colors.
Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Women’s Speedback Hybrid is designed in a speed back baffler technology that utilizes baffler rails and tungsten weight to optimize turf interaction and lower the center of gravity, thus improving the launch and ball speed. In addition, its strong stainless steel improves the face flex to increase the speed and distance of the ball.
The design combines a lower toe and a square leading edge to enhance a low center of gravity and improve alignment, thus increasing the accuracy and precision of the ball. In addition, its low and back fixed weight lowers the center of gravity to promote high-ball flights and increase forgiveness.
- Its low center of gravity improves the balls launch and speed
- It promotes accuracy and precision of the ball
- It enhances high forgiveness while giving the ball a high flight
- It offers an improved turf interaction
- It is only oriented for the right hand
- It is designed for the ladies
5. STRATA Women’s Golf Packaged Sets – Best Value Golf Irons Set
This 16lbs aluminum golf iron has a graphite shaft. It is designed for ladies with a right-hand orientation. It is available in a gold color with a grip made of a putter.
The golf iron increases the performance of the women who seek to have better tee-to-green shots. Its complete set includes four headcovers and three wood. In addition, 6-9 iron, stand bag, pitching and sand wedge, driver, and 4 & 5 Hybrid.
Its 460cc forged driver is lightweight with a large sweet spot and titanium head for maximum distance and forgiveness. In addition, the forgiving fairway wood has an aerodynamic head shape to enhance long and high-flying shots.
STRATA Women’s Golf Packaged Sets’ golf irons are created with stainless steel for outstanding performance, forgiveness, and control. In addition, they are fitted with mallet putters, designed with visual alignment aids to improve accuracy.
- It is engineered for better shots and high performances
- It promotes a big distance ball shot and high forgiveness
- It promotes more confidence in various shots
- Its fairway wood has an aerodynamic shape that enhances long and high-flying shots.
- Not ideal for the short courses
- Only designed for the right-handed ladies
What to Look For When Buying a Golf Iron
Different Types Of Golf Irons
The different types of golf irons are designed for different skill levels. They include:
Super Game-Improvement Irons
These are ideal for golf beginners and are designed for excellent forgiveness, improved distance, and impressive launching. In addition, these irons have large clubfaces, wide soles, and face technology.
The club heads are designed to create perimeter weighting for large sweet spots. The perimeter weighting distributes the iron’s weight evenly across the outer edges.
These golf irons are designed for mid-level golfers. They have a longer face length that accommodates the off-center hits and a wide sole to improve the forgiveness. In addition, the cavity back and hollow club heads increase the sweet spot size.
Sometimes referred to as blades, the player’s irons are designed to give professional golfers a chance to play various shots and better feels. The irons have reduced offset, thin top lines, short blade lengths, narrow sole widths, and a traditional look.
They mostly have muscle-back clubheads that offer less forgiveness on the off-center shots, thus making them ideal for experienced golfers.
Players Distance Irons
These irons have mixed features that range from players’ irons to game-improvement irons. They work like the player’s iron set but offer an improved distance off the game-improvement irons. As a result, the irons are ideal for mid-to low-level golfers seeking more distance.
The shaft of the irons impacts the golfers’ performance. Your ideal choice depends on your type of swing. The various shafts include:
- Steel: This is the heaviest shaft, and it produces less flex. It requires much swinging power to provide more accuracy and consistency.
- Graphite: These lightweight and flexible shafts produce high swing speed. They are less consistent and offer less feedback.
- Multi-material: These types of shafts are made by combining steel and graphite. They offer more control over the flight of the ball.
Consider the irons with high-quality shafts to improve the ball flights and performance.
Generally, golf irons will wear out with time. Depending on how often you play, different irons will have different life spans, usually 7-10 years. Thus, it would be best if you considered the irons that will serve you for a long period. A worn-out golf iron will decrease both the feel and the ball distance.
Golf Irons Features
Most of the clubs are made up of iron. As a player, you must find the right set to improve your game considerably. These golf iron have different specifications, such as:
This type of club is made by sinking the metal into a rough place and hammering it into the desired shape. The resulting club head is then milled, ground, and polished for finishing.
The solid-looking result is explicitly designed for players interested in the trajectories of the feel and control shots. So, if you are really good, you can try out the forged golf irons.
Cast golf irons are made by molding liquid iron into a club head. These types of irons are ideal for complex head designs. The process is also relatively cheap and easy; thus, the golf iron is affordable.
The cast and the forged golf irons are then designed in different preferences that include:
- Blade Irons: They have a thin face and are ideally designed for good players. Blade irons distribute weight uniformly across the entire head to produce a small sweet spot. With much weight placed behind the sweet spot, this golf iron has more feel and increases the ability to shape shots.
- Cavity Back Iron: This club positions a cavity behind the head, adding much weight to the perimeter. This increases the moment of inertia, which is referred to as forgiveness. Generally, large club heads are fitted with thin clubfaces so that the off-center shots take a longer flight. It increases forgiveness while decreasing feelings. Cavity back irons are ideally designed for mid to high-level golfers who prefer large sweet spots.
See also Cavity Back Vs. Blades.
Sets of Irons
The iron set is another great consideration before purchasing a golf iron. The various irons are usually sold in sets of at most 9 irons, whereby each number in a set corresponds to the club loft.
2, 3, and 4 are usually assigned to the long irons; whole 5, 6, and 7 are for the mid-irons. The short irons are numbered 8 and 9, with the wedges including Pitching Wedge, Gap or Attack wedge, and a Sand Wedge.
That is it! Above, you have the best women’s golf irons, and you are free to purchase any one of them from Amazon. The best of these golf irons is the TaylorMade SiM 2 Max Iron Set since it is forged using Artificial Intelligence technology. However, the other iron types also offer outstanding benefits too.
In addition, the various things to look for before settling for a specific golf iron are outlined in this article. By considering these factors, you are more likely to land on your ideal golf iron, which will undoubtedly improve the performance of your game.
Generally, this article is a buying guide that will greatly assist you in making the right decision before purchasing a specific golf iron. However, since there are numerous considerations to make, the article has narrowed it down to the specific ones that will improve your golfing.