We recommend TaylorMade M4 Iron Set as the best golf iron for high handicappers if you’re in a hurry.
There are different kinds of golf irons, and each type is best suited for a particular golf player; for high handicappers, the golf irons must provide consistency and forgiveness.
Being a golf enthusiast, I try to keep up with the sport’s development and help those interested in golfing by providing tips to help them become accomplished players.
This article will explore the best golf irons for high handicappers and compare the various options to identify the best option.
Please read this article if you are interested in learning about the best golf irons for high handicappers.
Our 7 Best Golf Irons for High Handicappers
- TaylorMade M4 Iron Set – Best Overall
- TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons – Best For Mid And High Handicappers
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver – Best For Long-Distance Strikes
- Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set – Best For High Trajectories And Long Distances
- Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s Radspeed Iron Set – Best For High Launch And Long Distances
- Cobra Golf LH F-Max Irons – Best For Moderate Speed Golfers
- TaylorMade Golf M2 Iron Set – Best For Beginners And Intermediate-High Handicappers
The Golf Irons for High Handicappers Review
In each section of the mini-review below, we summarized some of the best features and how they can benefit you as enthusiast golfers.
1. TaylorMade M4 Iron Set – Best Overall
The M4 iron set has been designed using RIBCOR technology which is achieved by placing two bars on either side of the face slots. This increases the ball’s speed and enables efficient energy transfer upon impact because the head’s perimeter is made stiffer, which causes it to rebound upon hitting the ball.
The M4 iron set also deploys Speed Pocket technology featuring a slot placed on the bottom of the iron sole, increasing flexibility and forgiveness.
The iron set encompasses a 360-degree undercut, a fluted hosel, and a face with a 1.5-millimeter thickness that enhances weight savings, forgiveness, and launch.
The sweet spot of the M4 iron set is wide, which is made possible by incorporating large grooves on both sides of the hitting area of the clubface to increase ball speed and flexibility.
- Increased ball speed and forgiveness reduce the effect of a bad swing
- Players find it easier to swing the M4 golf iron
- Even when you mishit the ball, it surprisingly goes a long distance
- Great for hitting a ball high in the air
- When used aggressively, the club head may be detached
- It tends to lose its shiny appearance quite quickly.
2. TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons – Best Suited For Mid And High Handicappers
The TaylorMade SIM Max Irons is designed using several technologies, such as the revolutionary speed bridge, to support the club’s top line, which increases forgiveness and distance covered by the ball while enhancing the feel and sound.
An echo damping technique can efficiently channel the energy generated at impact and eliminate the vibrations resulting from the impact to maintain flexibility and improve the feel.
The TaylorMade SIM Max Irons also utilizes Speed Pocket technology to enhance the flexibility of the face, which increases forgiveness and the ball’s speed during a low face hit.
Each iron face is enhanced through progressive inverted cone technology (ICT), leading to a larger sweet spot and minimized side spins. This makes the ball take on a straightened flight even after a mishit. A combination of ICT and an ultra-thin face also increases the ball’s speed and straightens the ball’s flight.
- Improved feel and sound
- The ball flight is more straight even after a mishit
- Increased ball speed and forgiveness result in increased distance and height
- Easy to swing and launch the ball to further distance
- Considerably expensive
- It appears a bit bulky
3. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver – Best For Long-Distance Strikes
The Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Driver is designed to ensure further distances regardless of the swing. A high launch driver with a low forward center of gravity minimizes the chances of big misses for low spins.
The club head is designed using internal draw bias weighting, which improves the launch angles and, at the same time, straightens and ensures a long ball flight.
The Big Bertha utilizes an artificial intelligence-powered flash face design that promotes faster ball speed and increases the distance covered by the ball. The flash face design uses solid and light materials that enhance speed, the ball’s spin, and forgiveness.
It is made possible using special stronger materials than the commonly used titanium.
- An excellent choice for hitting the ball over long distances, even for those with a bad swing
- Reduces the risk of missing the ball, which is a good thing for High Handicappers
- It provides more forgiveness and ensures a straight ball flight due to the internal draw bias weighting technology.
- They are unique because they are designed using stronger yet lighter materials than traditional titanium.
- It tends to have a low feel, especially for short irons
- Quite expensive
The Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo irons are designed to achieve higher trajectories, accuracy, and longer distances.
The irons have a thin, turbocharged, and strong face made from steel, resulting in increased ball speed and extended distance covered by the ball.
Using a combination of internal stabilizing ribs and the hollow construction technique makes the Cleveland Launcher HB irons attain high levels of forgiveness. The irons also utilize the HI bore crown technology characterized by deep low weighting to ensure heightened ball flights and make it easier to hit the ball.
The irons achieve increased forgiveness and control through progressive hollow shaping. While the irons start with hybrid-like long irons, they smoothly change to iron-like short irons as you progress towards the pitching wedge, all thanks to the progressive hollow shaping technology.
- Their design makes it nearly impossible to mishit the ball
- Hitting a ball using the Cleveland Launcher HB irons is unbelievably easy
- Apart from helping in achieving further distances, the irons increase accuracy and ball speed
- Higher ball flights and trajectories
- The transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons may not impress all golfers.
- It might take some time to adjust to the irons if one has used other designs previously.
5. Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s Radspeed Iron Set – Best For High Launch And Long Distances
The Cobra Golf 2021’s Men Radspeed features a radial weighting technology that entails strategically placing the weight based on the center of gravity to achieve higher levels of forgiveness and ball speed and optimize the flight direction.
These irons have a forged power shell case consisting of a thin 17-4 stainless steel, increasing the sweet spot’s flex, resulting in increased ball speed and a high launch.
The Cobra Golf irons are made by 3D printing technology to produce intricate lattice medallion models that enhance the feel while optimizing the weight.
The Cobra Golf 2021 Men’s Radspeed irons are designed to save weight and ensure stability without sacrificing other crucial features.
Tuned rad weighting technology is deployed whereby a 10-gram weight is placed low and in the toe area to balance the center of gravity. This, in turn, increases stability, forgiveness, and distance covered by the ball after an off-center strike.
- Uses advanced technology to optimize weight
- Achieves long distances and excellent ball speed
- Awesome look and feel
- Nearly impossible to miss the ball
- Quite expensive
- It does not have great sound upon impact
6. Cobra Golf LH F-Max Irons – Best For Moderate Speed Golfers
These irons are some of the lightest in the industry and are designed to make it easier for golfers to swing faster. A lightweight design is deployed to increase the club speed and extend the distance covered by the ball, even for those with moderate swing speed.
The Cobra Golf LH F-Max irons have a shaft that is 5 grams lighter than other irons, which allows for faster swings without using much energy. They also feature low profile and cavity back designs for a higher and longer launch without much effort.
The irons deploy heel-biased weighting technology that enhances shot control and straightens the ball flight and target line to improve accuracy.
A progressive construction design is deployed whereby the hostel lengths, the offset, and the set are designed using this design to enhance the launch and accuracy for both long and mid irons and the wedges.
- They are considerably lighter, and this suits moderate swing golfers
- Enhanced for faster swings and improved accuracy
- Requires less effort to swing
- Long and high launch and ball control
- Not suited for right-handed players
- Costlier than some other irons
7. TaylorMade Golf M2 Iron Set – Best For Beginners And Intermediate-High Handicappers
The TaylorMade Golf M2 Iron set ensures high launch and long distances through features such as face slot technology, acoustic engineering, and ultra-thin edges.
The irons feature an ultra-thin top line of just a millimeter thickness and a light clubhead to extend the distance covered by the ball and increase the launch height.
The Max COR face is 1.5 millimeters thick, providing much consistency to golfers whenever they swing and strike the ball. In addition, special designs are deployed in designing the irons to ensure a low center of gravity, increasing stability and control.
The irons also utilize acoustic engineering and multilateral fin badges that help in enhancing the sound and feel. The irons can eliminate unpleasant vibrations from the impact through this design.
- Lightweight and thin designs make it easier to swing faster; consequently, the ball reaches further distances.
- Achieves long distances and higher launches as well as high trajectories.
- Designed to ensure great sound and feel by minimizing the vibrations upon impact
- It helps golfers to be consistent with their strikes
- Limited to right-handed players
- The look may not impress all golfers
How To Choose The Best Golf Irons For You Level
While golf is a fun and exciting game, if you do not have the necessary golf irons, the experience could be anything but enjoyable. Depending on your experience level and whether you are a high or low handicapper, certain types of golf irons will be more suitable than others.
Let us look at some factors you should consider when buying golf irons for high handicappers.
1. The Loft, Distance, and Length of the Irons
Golf irons are generally categorized into three groups: long, short, and mid irons. Make sure that your set of clubs contains irons perfectly suited for you. For the high handicappers, the golf irons should be separated by 3 degrees from one iron to the next.
You can read it more here.
2. Type of Shaft
Shafts are either made of graphite or steel, with the latter being heavier than the former. It is crucial to choose the right shaft because it will affect your ability to hit the ball consistently.
Most high handicappers are best suited for graphite shafts because they absorb the vibrations upon impact, and it is hard to mishit with these types of irons. Also, graphite shafts are great because they help increase your swing speed if you have a slow swing speed.
3. The Type of Golf Iron
While experienced players use the player’s irons, a high handicapper should consider the super game improvement irons because they provide increased forgiveness.
4. Thickness of the Sole
Thick soles are great for making the ball flight longer and are most suited for high handicappers. It is because the thick soles place the center of gravity at the bottom of the club, which means that the ball should be hit harder.
5. The Look and Feel of the Irons
A golf iron will also depend on how appealing it is to you and how you feel when swinging and hitting the ball with that particular iron. It would be best if you went for the irons you feel most comfortable using, but at the same time, you need to consider the price of the irons.
6. The Price
While you may wish to buy a certain golf iron, the final determinant is always how much it costs and the amount of money you have or plan to spend on the same. Therefore, buy the golf iron that suits you perfectly and is within your planned budget.
Now, it is time to decide which one is the best. I find the TaylorMade M4 Iron Set much better than the rest of the irons. The TaylorMade M4 Iron Set is suitable for high handicappers regardless of their experience levels, and it is also available at affordable prices.
This particular model offers high levels of forgiveness, ball speed, and high launch, and the ball can reach great distances. In addition, players have an easy time swinging the iron, and if they mishit, the ball still travels a long distance.