Generally, fairway woods are overlooked by most golf players, especially beginners and handicappers. However, they ignore that the best fairway woods add great versatility and enable golf players to cover long distances.
Some people say a three-wood is a low handicapper’s best friend. They can use it on the tees or have a good short tee shot. In some cases, you can also go for it around the green. However, the point is that you need the right fairway wood that you can trust.
So, if you’re looking for the best fairway woods for low handicappers for your game, the wait is over because we have some best options for you.
If you’re in a hurry, the Callaway Mavrik 22 Fairway Wood is the best option for all low handicappers.
Let’s get into it.
Our Favorite Fairway Woods For Low Handicappers
- Callaway Mavrik 22 Fairway Wood – Best Overall
- TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood – Best Confidence Inspiring Model
- Cleveland Golf Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Wood – Easy To Control
- Cobra Golf 2021 Radspeed Fairway Wood – Best For Low Spin
- Ping G425 MAX Fairway Wood – Best For Forgiveness
5 Best Fairway Woods for Low Handicappers Reviews
Here is our short review of the best fairway woods to help you easily hit the ball. Just click on the image or the link below to find out more details about the fairway woods for seniors.
1. Callaway Mavrik 22 Fairway Wood – Best Overall
The new Mavrik Max Fairway Woods are designed and developed to set a new bar in ball speed technologies. In addition, the product comes with the brand’s all-new and advanced Jailbreak A.I. Velocity Blades.
The engineers have used A.I. technology to design the blade, and the face is created using C300 Maraging Steel. As a result, it can provide the players with a great level of spin and speed consistency, unlike other fairway woods.
- Features drew-biased weight to eliminate slicing.
- It involves a well-designed aerodynamic crown to lower the drags.
- While producing a perfect turf interaction, it offers an excellent launch.
- Come with the jailbreak technology.
- Not suitable for right-handed golf players.
- This is not good for you if you are looking for stiff and light fixes.
2. TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood – Best Confidence Inspiring Model
Looking for a club that offers maximum forgiveness and distance? You can trust this with your eyes close! TaylorMade M2 fairway wood is affordable and accessible to golf players with different skill levels. Its multi-material construction structure has made it a product one of its kind.
Its crown is made of carbon composite. It combines low C.G. and an aggressive speed pocket. On the other hand, it comes with a shallow head design.
An added advantage to some users is that they can use this fairway wood as a driver, launching the balls higher with more spin. In addition, it is perfect for hooking, slicing, and drawing. Thus, TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood is excellently workable.
It is great for those who like better driver speed and forgiveness. Both low and mid handicappers can use this fairway wood. It’s also considered the best fairway woods for ladies.
- It Offers greater distance.
- It Produces maximum forgiveness.
- Better playability and point of contention.
- High MOI and Low C.G.
- It lacks adjustability.
- Its offset look may not work well for all players.
This fairway wood may feel sneaky but can help players improve their games. Cleveland’s design delivers a higher trajectory and maximum level of forgiveness. So players who want to have longer but accurate shots can give it a try.
Its hollow construction and well-designed internal stabilizing ribs make the Hi-Bore Crown and face design look simple and nice. According to multiple users, it works well on normal turf.
- High-launching ability and efficiency glides through the turf.
- Lightweight and can increase the swing speed.
- At contact, it produces a crisp sound.
- Looks professional and attractive.
- This fairway wood is not adjustable.
- As it has a matt finish, scratches will be visible.
4. Cobra Golf 2021 Radspeed Fairway Wood – Best For Low Spin
Cobra Golf fairway wood consists of amazing speed, maximum forgiveness, and a high launch to the golf course. In addition, it comes with advanced radial weighting technology to spread the weight strategically across the body.
As a result, it increases the club’s milled area by 90 to 95 percent. This, in turn, produces maximum ball speed. The user gets an added 10 percent extra flex to gain an easier and higher launch.
It also has two front hollow split rails. A thin crown made of carbon is responsible for lowering spin to boost speeds. This can be an ideal option if you are looking for a cost-effective club for mid or low-handicappers.
- It Produces faster ball speed.
- Supports hollow split rails
- It comes with a unique aerodynamic head shaping for an enhanced shape.
- Buttery soft feel
- Not suitable for faster swingers.
- It cannot be adjustable.
5. Ping G425 MAX Fairway Wood – Best For Forgiveness
Ping has various best fairway wood golf clubs for golf players of different levels. Still, Ping G425 is the most popular fairway wood choice among low and mid handicappers. Why?
Because they have a well-placed Centre of gravity and a smaller head, their forgiveness, penetrating ball flight, and low spin compared to the Ping G410 exceed ball speeds by 1.5mph. It lofts at 14.5-degree.
Golf players can freely fine-tune swing by adjusting 1.5-degree up or down. In addition, this fairway wood has a tungsten sole weight, demonstrating high MOI.
- Its 3-dot alignment makes the club easy to align.
- Produces increased flex, thanks to its face wrap technology.
- It delivers consistent spin performance.
- Quite long from the fairway or tee box.
- It is not the flashiest or most professional-looking golf club.
- It’s slightly more economical than other models, with the same features.
What To Look For When Purchasing Fairway Woods For Low Handicappers
Low handicappers prefer a range of the best fairway woods to improve their game. Hence considering and filtering through various factors is crucial before buying the best fairway wood.
Listed below are a few crucial factors to cross-check:
Checking the Forgiveness level of the fairway woods should be the first step before buying fairway woods. Whether a newbie or a professional golf player, remember that no club will work well if you hit 3 inches behind the golf ball.
An essential factor, whether a new or professional player, every golf player should look into the forgiveness level of the fairway woods.
However, the modern fairway wood clubs have gained popularity by offering moderate mishits and better slights. It is highly advisable to choose a club with a larger head. However, this may not be a major factor for a professional golf player.
You can alter the fairway wood’s loft if the clubs have adjustable hosel. It is generally done by removing the screw located in the heel and then re-positioning the head on the shaft as per the desired loft configuration.
With this feature, the loft can be decreased or increased by 1 to 3 degrees. Using this method, you can also change the lie, i.e., Shaft angle in golf.
Lie controls the ball’s horizontal flight. Some fairway woods come with adjustable hosels that allow the players to alter the loft angle, but that doesn’t affect the Lie. If your club has this feature, you can optimize your distance, ball flight, and trajectory.
The Versatility Of The Fairway Woods
The fairway woods should be able to work around the green, in different Lies, and off the tee. If the players have a model that functions in these ways, that club can help them improve their games.
A combination of high launch and low spin produces a good distance. The pin is similar to a double-edged sword. Some players like backspin off the tee to give the ball a perfect rise. This type of backspin offers the ball a perfect rise.
On the other hand, an off-the-fairway backspin develops better-stopping power, especially on the green. Fairway wood clubs developed for low handicappers increase their spin to make the winning shot.
Considering The Design Of The Head
Clubhead plays a vital role in fairway woods, as this part is in direct contact with the ball. Fairway wood with a wide face can help you to hit a ball off the tee. In contrast, shallow-faced fairway wood clubs are perfect for hitting from the fairway and rough.
Some players prefer a rounded edge to hit through the rough easily. If you prefer to hit from tight lies, go for a flat-edged head.
Center Of Gravity Weights
Also known as Center of Gravity weights, it allows the player to move, add and remove weight easily from one area to another club head. With the right, the C.G position weights will help you lower and raise the ball’s launch angle.
A correctly configured system can help you gain greater spins. Some manufacturers have removed the C.G. weights as fewer players are using them.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about the fairway woods for low handicappers.
1. Why Should One Use Fairway Woods Even If The Player Has Hybrids?
Users can enjoy a perfect edge distance with the larger heads and longer shafts of fairway woods. Besides, they work well for short roughs and tee long shots. You can use fairway woods for tee shots and long shots instead of a hybrid.
2. What Should A Golf Player Look For Before Buying A Fairway Wood or using the Fairway Wood Off The Fairway? Like If He Wants To Use The Fairway Woods Off The Fairway?
Whereas a larger head-to-toe profiled fairway wood is ideal and develops the required confidence level for low handicappers.
3. What Are The Considerations To Use Fairway Wood?
Besides, there are three kinds of wood based on the presence of an adjustable hosel in the club that develops better spin.
And the final thing to consider is choosing a driver-like wood with a deeper face, rounder profile, and substantial head to attain the required distance.
4. How Many Fairway Woods Should One Carry?
Low handicappers might find themselves requiring long shots to reach the green. So, carrying multiple fairway kinds of wood is a good option. As the skills improve, you can merge the 4-iron and 5-wood into a hybrid.
In this guide, you’ll find the best fairway woods for low handicappers offered within the range of the best fairway wood clubs based on different game levels, skills, and abilities. All these clubs are available online.
The Callaway Mavrik Max remains the best choice among the listed options. It comes with an A.I.-optimized face and T2C carbon crown. You can also choose between shaft options, for example, Project X Evenflow Riptide and UST Helium Black.
Furthermore, as the weights are interchangeable, you can try different launch angles and spin rates. That’s why it’s considered one of the most forgiving fairway woods, a perfect choice for intermediate-level golf players.
Ready to enhance your golf gameplay skills? Get your best fairway wood today.
Fairway Woods Reviews
- Best Fairway Woods
- Best For Mid Handicappers
- Best For High Handicappers
- Most Forgiving Fairway Woods
- Best Fairway Woods For Seniors
- Best Fairway Woods For Ladies